Sunday, May 22, 2005

It´s online! So now it´s up to you!!

Attention all,  a fellow flicker needs your help!


"It" has finally made it online after an arduous gestation period ;-) So now I need your help! What you may ask, precicely has made it online, well my questionnaire has!

To recap: In order for me to write my dissertation I need for as many people as possible to answer my online questionnaire!! With this questionnaire I am trying to document any or all customs or beliefs regarding conception, pregnancy and giving birth

Although the majority of women conceive and bear children, surprisingly little of the beliefs surrounding these life-changing events have been documented. These beliefs and customs vary from one family to the next, although many are remarkably similar, even between continents..

You do not need to have had children yourself in order to answer this questionnaire; most of us have at one time or another had family and friends that have gone through these experiences.

If any of you could possibly spare the roughly twenty minutes to answer I would be most grateful!

Also, just to be extra pushy, if you know of others who might be interested in answering such a questionnaire, or if you work in an environment that is positive to such endeavors (such as schools and offices(pardon me if I´m being prejudiced)), then may I please ask you to forward this text or to post it on relevant notice boards.

The questionnaire is to be found here and is of course perfectly anonymous.

Thank you so much!

Gunnella.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 am, Blogger akatsukira said...

Hi Gunnella, I've filled out the survey, but I'm afraid it may not have been submitted properly. When I clicked on the "finish" button at the end of the pregnancy section, it brought up an error page, and I had to go back to the previous page and go through the birthing pages (which I didn't answer) to submit my answers. Hope it has worked, but if it hasn't, just let me know and I'd be happy to fill it out again.

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger Gunnella said...

Thank you :-D A couple of people have pointed this out and I´m checking it, but I am assured that each page is uploded before the next is accessed so even though it means loosing the possibility of leaving ones name all the data will still have been saved already.

 
At 1:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gunnella - what an interesting survey. If you can't get a book out of that then you aren't trying! What bramble said about the Finish button happened to me also.

I thought maybe Icelanders had a dislike of the Finns.

 
At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I filled it out and emailed it to few people that I know. Good luck with it. I would like to see the results if possible. :)
Huld

 
At 11:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't have any problem with it, either. just so you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home