Monday, December 06, 2004

The road is loooong, with many a windy......

How often I have faced that view, under so many different weather conditions ;-) Me in my little green skoda daring the forces of nature to drive this lonely road back and forth just for a weekend in Reykjavík, meeting up with friends, when I lived up in Blönduós. Enjoying the fun of driving in darkenss, no lights anywhere, no human habitations for miles, in the midst of a snow blissard just trusting there won´t be anything up ahead and that you remember the lay of the road....

This seems miles away now, actually a lifetime away as I gaze out of my window in my victorian apartment in Edinburgh. Elena is off to the movies with her boyfriend (or so she claims anyway) whose mother remarked how amazingly Elena and her "dad" looked alike ;-).. left poor Halldór to deal with telling her that he was actually a mere step dad :-D I just love how my life has changed in the past year and a half...
scratching sounds akin to a record needle being pulled sideways.....a loud voice booooms.... get ye back to work you procrastinator par excellence...

Well it seems either my split personalities are getting more intense and opinionated by the minute or old mans Vladimir Propps ghost is making sure I finish this blasted essay on time ;-)

Can´t argue with the voices so ... ta da luvs..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home