Monday, May 16, 2005

Blogmeet of the Scottish contingency ;-)

Half of the group, yup including little me ;-)

I had the greatest time last night, met new people, chatted about everything and got myself slightly over inebriated ;-) The occasion was the second ever scottish blog meet, a group of people who´ve never met yet know alarmingly much about each other through reading each others blogs :-D Bringing back to light the whole, dangers of the internet, lurkers, mass murderers and them lot. But apart from some minor beginning silences and shynesses it turned out to be a very enjoyable day/evening/night :-D
I, of course, started off on the wrong foot, by walzing into the pub, looking around me searchingly, an promptly going over to the wrong group when hailed enticingly :-) Following that embarrasment I retreated outside where I found a couple of familiar faces, thank god for Gordons idea of pictiure posting pre meetup!
All in all 11 of us turned up and there was none of the first time meeting hesitancy, instead we sat there drinking away for 7 hours, not bad ehi ;-) I even missed Dr Who without too much remorse ;-)

All in all an excellent time with fun people, now only one question remains: When will we do it again ? ;-P

Wee David enjoying his Guinness Martin Gordon and the computer ... David
Gordon Richard and Martin Peter Alan

For a most entertaining and insightful description of the evenings events I pass you on to Peter of NakedBlog fame, whose alarmingly charming manner had me mezmerized :-D

Wee David just posted some fun pictures and I hereby dutifully plagiarise them ;-) well a couple anyway...

5 Comments:

At 1:51 am, Blogger Gordon said...

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Although I'm not sure if Peter will allow all of those photos, I'm sure he was trying to "edit" them as we went along... (edit... delete.. same thing?) ;-)

 
At 3:03 am, Blogger Gunnella said...

I did review them somewhat and not all of my pics made it online, but if there are any complaints I´ll be ready and willing to remove said pictures ;-)

 
At 3:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know! All that flashing for only two of me. I was expecting an entire album.

Hehe. Only kidding. I'm not the easiest of subjects due to my insistence on looking 25 in every snap.

Lovely to meet you Gunnella and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

 
At 5:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erp - some of those photos of me are a bit scary. Good to meet you, and the others. I have the url of that chat board I was mentioning - it's http://forums.mythology.com/. There is a section for folklore etc on there.

 
At 6:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your set from the meetup shows what a great eye you have for a picture. Well done. I wish mine were half as good. It was a delight to meet you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home