Monday, August 29, 2005

Brain Melt - At least it´s over

The deed is done!! I went in for my interview this morning, nerves all afry (yeah that´s a new word ;-) They only talked to me for 12 minutes which was somewhat surpricing since the girl before me was in there for quite awhile longer...
Anyway, think I did o.k. Upon entering I was faced with a panel of interviewers, the ambassador, the japanese professor, the cultural attache and a gentleman form the Icelandic ministry of Education. The ambassador was just very sweet and the person who asked the most difficult questions was in fact my friend, the professor, presumably in a bid to avoid any possibilities of her being positively inclined towards me.
Think I did o.k. .. Obviously could have done better. Was asked questions like how did I intend to support the kids and were they healthy (wonder if a male appplicant ever gets those questions) as well as whether I thought my japanese was good enough for the task at hand. At least they did Not bring up Halldór which would have been a bother seeing as we are deliberately no where registered as living together, the reason for that being precisely that were I to get this scholarship he would then never be allowed to apply for any Japanese ministry of education scholarship ever.

Well, will know in the next two weeks whether I get this, if not I´ll just have to apply again the following year ;-P

Still pondering whether short interview is a good omen or a bad one, I did speak fluently and securely, the question remains whether I said the right things ...

No way of influencing it now, so focus will be on actually getting my thesis done now!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably impressed them so much that they didn't need more then 12 minutes to make up their minds. IF they reject you based on being a mother it would or at least should be morally and legally wrong.
bae
Huld...www.barnanet.is/maxogemma

 
At 8:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would doubt they ask male interviewees questions like that. grrr.

 
At 2:44 am, Blogger Natalie said...

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home