Thursday, February 09, 2006

I´m back ;-) or the return of the ........ (feel free to fill in the blank yourself)

Just came home and found that Ali, Elena’s teddy bear that had been so lovingly tucked in underneath “my” covers as Elena left for school, had turned around and was now lying on er right side.... Hummm so is my paranoid schizophrenia finally kicking in for real ;-)
Makes one wonder though, if an inanimate “thing” is imbued with meaning and sentiments by a whole family, spiritually speaking isn´t it possible for this “thing” to become more? Religious icons hold no power unless people believe in them.... So Ali, whom I carefully moved aside when I got back into bed and unconsciously found myself making kissing noises to at the same time, being respected by the whole family, traveling wherever we go and being accepted as Elena’s main teddy, being this receptacle of affection and respect could it be she’s ceased being a thing?

Ahh the Tuesday morning ponderings...Ooops it´s Wednesday isn´t it? Well that goes to show ;-)

Just spent the last few days in Denmark, well what else can you do when the most expensive part is the trip down to London Stanstead after having found ticket to Denmark for 99 pence!! Went and visited my friend Soffia whom I got to know whilst teaching up northern rural Iceland and who now is finishing her studies in Musical therapy. Promice to post some pics and mayhaps a travel tale tomorrow ;-)
meanwhilst I´ll leave you with this old pic of us from when we last met up in Iceland ;-) Halldór claims I´ve changed considerably ... in a favorable way ;-) (p.s. I´m the one on the far right ;-)


Skvísurnar í den....

7 Comments:

At 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thu ert nu alltaf jafn saet. Hvort sem ad thu ert stutthaerd eda sidhaerd.
kv
Huld

 
At 2:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by any chance does this bear ali ever go by the nickname ari-bu? if yes, watch out. ;)

 
At 3:24 am, Blogger Gunnella said...

He he he :-D Ari bu chan! Sounds about right, now I´ll have to hide all ice creams and dango.

Huld :-D Takk, gaman að fá svona hlýlegt komment.

Soffía ;-) he he má vel vera ;-)

 
At 3:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flott hjá þér að skreppa til Danmerkur, 99p er ég virkilega að lesa það rétt??? það hlýtur að hafa verið illa bókað í það flug ef þeir fylla vélina með farþegum sem borga 99p! Ótrúlegt. Gaman að sjá myndirnar af þér og vinkonunum, æi ég á svona vinkonur líka og sakna þeirra sárt.
Þetta með ritskoðunina á síðunni minni þá var einn fyrrverandi eiginmaður að úthúða fyrri konu sinni og tala illa um hana, þess vegna eyddi ég þeim hluta út af athugasemdinni hans..kveðja úr snjónum í Amman :)

 
At 6:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful background picture to your blog! Where about was it taken? It's lovely :-)

 
At 8:07 am, Blogger Lola said...

I hope that you are still checking my blog. I have a question for you (and anyone else who'd like to answer...)

 
At 11:14 am, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Oh my! I LOVE the new hair do!! You gals are looking nice! And the way the background came out...a bit of a glow going on there.

Glad you had a good time!

-RM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home