Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hæ hó jibbijej og jibbijej

O.k. the apartment is looking moderately presentable, there are clean sheets on the guest bed, the visa card has been rubbed expectantly so as to procure some non existent cash and tons of brochures for ghost tours and underground walks are sitting on my desk.

Sounds like all is ready ;-) Now all I need to do is go pick up Ester at the train station, what could go wrong? (whoooosh, the eerie sound of fate deciding I´ve just been too damn tempting ;-)

Yay, I´m getting my first visit since moving here, no, admittedly parents and sibling extraordinaire have come and gone, but no friends have availed upon my hospitality, the closeness to the shops, the multitude of pubs and the sheer joy of my company up until now…

So planning to visit the castle, finally make it to look at the underground maze that supposedly spans the entire old city and is supposed to be haunted to the rims, pubs, shops, university appointment, food, beer, food, beer….. is there anything I´m forgetting? Any suggestions :-D Ahh yes, to have fun, relax and enjoy the visit, promice photos but probably not much blogging ;-)

*note to self, no thinking about that paper you´re supposed to be giving at the folklore Society in London in barely a months time which you haven´t really started!

4 Comments:

At 9:19 pm, Blogger Steve Piercy said...

If it stays sunny like today, a simple quick-fix is a trip up the Scott Monument in the Gardens. It's only a couple of quid, and give fantastic views over the city. Good to stand at the top and point "I live there, we're going there, we've been there...".

If you're at all pressed for time, the bus tours are actually a great way of getting about - they link up all the attractions in a way that the regular buses don't - and your ticket is good for 24 hours to hop on and off.

 
At 2:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Have a great time! Love your blog :)

 
At 3:46 am, Blogger Lola said...

Okay G, I finally got around to posting one of my photos. It's an old one but I wanted to let you know that it's been done...

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Enjoy yourself! Looking forward to the pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home