Saturday, April 22, 2006

Birthday time, sushi, palette and gorgeous anti smoking laws;-)

Japanese birthday dinner :-D Japanese birthday dinner :-D Japanese birthday dinner :-D Japanese birthday dinner :-D
Mmmmm Sushi, can't believe it took me 30 years to learn to appreciate the stuff, so many years wasted, so many meals not enjoyed ;-) But there again I've made good use of the past 3 years with sushi now being by far my favorite food closely followed by rare steaks. Another dish I've only really been eating for the past 3 years approximately, interesting that ones appetite and taste continues to change though life, could understand it better had I been a teenager, but thirty?
Anyways, went out to dinner courtesy of dad who unfortunately due to the minor inconvenience of being stuck in Iceland could only join us in spirit. The head waiter ended up regaling us with desert free of charge whilst happily chatting in Japanese and the kids wooing him with their Japanese courtesies ;-) First things taught in each language, thank you and please. Gets you a long way that does!

Went pubbing/clubbing afterwards with Kirsty, a local mate and her friend. Had a great time, made even better for the fact that now, seeing as smoking in public places has been outlawed here in Scotland, I came home NOT stinking up everything with the smell of stale smoke!! What an amazing difference that makes!! Admittedly I did get the old feeling of being left out as I was left looking after things as everyone went out smoking but compared to the headache I normally get due to the smoke that was of no consequence, ended up merely joining them and in this mad mad country I'm in our drinks were actually still there when we came back ;-)

So all in all an excellent day, well sprinkled with birthday wishes, promises of DVD's from a certain invalid friend and getting carded at the club ;-P Thank you all who sent me birthday comments here in blogosphere and by e-mail :-D

2 Comments:

At 9:46 pm, Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

There is a great new sushi place in Richmond, Virginia :-)

 
At 12:31 am, Blogger Svava said...

Heheh, your certain invalid friend envies your susi dinner ! I fell in love with sushi with the first bite, mmmmm, we must go out for dinner when you come to Iceland. Glad you had a Happy birthday :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home