Sunday, May 28, 2006

Øl

Sitting here at a Copenhagen youth hostel eagerly awaiting the clock to turn 2 so I can actually register using the inbetween time as an excuse for going online ;-) Luckily for me though I was allowed to leave my stuff here this morning so off I went to explore :-D Great fun, found the conference place immediately, have taken numerous photos of bicycles, archways, canals, tall houses, canals, bicycles and the occasional graffiti ;-) All will of course be revealed once I return home!! Had myself a danish lunch, weird sitting all by myself in a restaurant, but no way was I going to go to macdonalds or suchlike when in Denmark ;-) The portions here are humongous however!! The poor girl thought I didn't like the food, brought me ketchup and all, but come on a mountain of fries, a bowl of remulade, a tiny portion of salad and two whole fillets of fish... I am happy to report I managed to finish the fish and the salad :-) and the required Tuborg as well, but of course...

I am sooo looking forward to getting a bed though!! Slept intermittedly at the airport last night, always waking from weird dreams involving intense discomfort...strangly enough coaligned with wherever the armrests were jutting into me at that point ;-)

So today, having already gotten a feel for the place, walked all over and eaten, the plan is to have a lie down then head off and find me a mermaid and some leftover hippies ;-) Need to go see Christiania, would you believe I've never been there!? But thereagain this is only the second time I actually remember having been in Copenhagen, passing through the airport not a part of the count obviously.

Ahh...kinda forgot the lead in to the whole ramblings of a post .. Hi all, I'm in Denmark for the International Society for Contemporary Legend Research conference which starts tomorrow. Sincere apologies for the complete lackage of postings of late, am kinda going through the panicky stages of trying to organize all that need to be organized before we leave Scotland, pack everything, sell some stuff, give yet another batch, decide what to take with us to Japan oh and trying to function at school as well ;-) Yeah I know, no excuse, just a normal month in the Flakkfjolskyldan household :-) Flakk fjolskyldan incidentally means the wandering family, what I've come to think of as our new logo of sorts..

Gunnella, the extremely tired yet invigorated one... Over and out!

6 Comments:

At 1:45 am, Blogger Siggadis said...

Have fnu!

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger Svava said...

Heppni skunkur ! Mig langar að vera í Köben ! Gaman að heyra frá þér aftur, hélt þú værir kannski dauð, hehe, svo langt síðan að þú bloggaðir ;-) Í Nörregade, rétt hjá Nörreport station er írskur pub sem heitir The Globe. Þar er gott að setjast niður og fá sér einn öllara.

 
At 10:26 pm, Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I was afraid that your computer was terribly sick! Looking forward to more pictures. Are you going to Iceland before you go to Japan--might I see you there? Our dates are July 15-28. Did you hear Prairie Home Companion's broadcast from Reykjavik last week?
http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
Have a great trip!

 
At 11:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Montreal, Quebec:) Here it's hot and humid, yet very european and fun. Hope Koben is good to you too:)

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Hey Gunnella,

I'm checking in after a long hiatus from reading blogs. You've had a lot of big changes happen since I last read your blog!

Enjoy your time at the conference!

-RM

 
At 9:54 am, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

Hey! Christania is just amazing. And i don't partake!
just go!
but go by bike
so jealous!

Sarah
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home