Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Chirpy reading ;-)

I feel happy. The kind of happy that comes from having enjoyed good food (nonna biti ;-) with the family, having a glass of beer in my hand, children upstairs quietly enjoying the books gotten from the library, Halldor drawing away beside me and me just starting in on new books that a very chirpy friend procured for me. The reason for the friends chirpyness lies in the fact that all summer she’s being trying to lure me unto reading this series and she’s just found out that during my Sheffield sojourn I became hooked, bought the next book and can now hardly wait for the third one ;-D

That makes two series I’ve read and become hooked on this summer. The former is Kathy Reich’s Temperance Brennan series. Found my way to it along a skewed route having first seen the awful yet oddly watchable television series Bones (that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that David Boreanaz of Buffy/Angel fame starred in it, blink blink) and upon discovering that they were based on books based by an actual forensic anthropologist decided to give them a go, needless to say I own all 9 by now ;-)

The second series is the aforementioned fantasy one by one Kim Harrison and describing the life complications of a witch in an alternate universe and her adventures as a freelance runner bunking with an undead vampire in a church on a ley line whilst being guarded and assisted by a pixie chap by the name of Jenks ;-)

I love being back at reading for fun again... After all my lone travelling last spring I re-realized the magic of being able to read whilst queuing up for customs, whilst on trains, whilst in youth hostels and whilst on planes :-D Also I don’t seem to get as many headaches as I used to (hope I didn’t just jinx that one!) hence when away from the family I find myself reading tons. Anyways definitely recommend those two ;-D

Oo oo ooo (agitated jumping up and down) just found a gorgeous quote here that says it all..

"If you are what you eat, then I´m incredibly sweet " :-D

2 Comments:

At 11:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I was in need of something entertaining to read.

Just saw that Eragon: The Movie! is coming out at Christmas. Squeee!!

 
At 2:37 am, Blogger Gunnella said...

Oh wow, just watched the trailer! It looks amazing, especially the graphics ;-) A definite must now that you´ve also recommended it ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home