Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sleeeeepy in Japan....

33 hours. It´s been 33 hours since I got up in Iceland, showered, cuddled my fast asleep kids and left Vitastígur for the unknown. Now I am sitting in a well equipped although incredibly small dorm room, newly showered, nibbling on sushi and drinking Pocari Sweat. The sounds of the ladies across the street doing their aerobic exercises blend with the trains passing the house and the crickets chirping (do crickets chirp?)

Think I might call it a day in a wee while, just trying to get to normal evening time so as to not further muddle my befuddled inner clock ;-)

In other news, the trip went well, a minor hiccup was that I wasn’t allowed to bring my camera bag onboard due to the stricter regulations but fortunately I could squeeze the cameras into my main bag and only leave the camera bag empty behind... not wanting to moan it seems kinda unfair when I wee the American kids bringing boxes and humongous suitcases aside from their numerous carry on items and I stand there with my measly 20 kilo suitcase and one backpack.. Oh well, that´s what Amazon was made for and boy is it going to get used ;-P

Anyways, am alive and well :-D

2 Comments:

At 4:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big in japan :) frábært að vita að þú ert komin á leiðarenda, þetta er ekkert smá ferðalag.
Kiss og knús frá klakanum.

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I think it's a good sign that you're blogging already--means we have a lot more to look forward to! Hope it's the beginning of a great adventure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home